Olive oil spray
1 large or 2 small heads broccoli
1/2 red onion diced
Salt and ground black pepper
1 egg white
2 tspn olive oil
30g ground flaxseed (linseed)
2-3 Tbspn psyllium husk powder
1 garlic clove, crushed
1/2 tspn ground cumin
1/2 tspn mixed spice
Tomato paste (1 Tbspn)
Veg of choice
1. Preheat the oven to 180 and line a baking tray.
2. Pulse the broccoli and red onion with a pinch of salt in a food processor until it resembles fine crumbs.
3. Whisk the egg and the egg white in a bowl. Add the broccoli crumb, olive oil, flaxseed, psyllium, garlic and spices and season well.
4. Add this mixture to the tray, forming into 2 mounds. Spread out into rounds and press down so that they are as thin as possible.
5. Dab the rounds with paper towel to absorb any excess moisture. Spray lightly with olive oil spray and season with salt. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until firm and golden.
6. Remove from the oven and top with your choice of toppings. Return to the oven for 5-10 minutes or until warmed through and cheese has melted.